Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Homework Policy

The first question I received from your children today was.... How much homework do you give?  So I think it's important that I share my philosophy on homework with you.  I believe that students spend an enormous amount of time at school and that time should be utilized wisely.  I believe that spending time with family, playing outside and socializing with friends is extremely important.  With that said, I do not give homework on a regular basis.  If a child is struggling with something, I will send extra homework for practice.  If a child doesn't finish their classwork, I will send it home.  I told the kids today that reading at home is excellent and studying spelling words will help ensure that they learn new words.  We will be doing lots of both at school.  I will not "require" that it be done at home unless I see a need for extra practice.  However, you will see homework in math from Mrs. Shellenberger.  The math program provides homelinks that review what students learn in class.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
Mrs. Smith :)

No comments:

Post a Comment