Friday, October 23, 2015

Spelling and Reading Tests-Update

Reminder: Students took their Unit 2 Week 1 Spelling and Reading Tests today.  If they got more than 2 incorrect, they will be bringing it home to get signed.

Starting next week, we are going to try something new.  Students are going to take the Reading Test on paper.  While I really like administering it online, allowing students to take the test on paper will let them go back and highlight/circle answers.  While they can go back and reread on the computer, I'm wondering if the opportunity to use a highlighter and pencil to go back and find answers will be more beneficial to students.  I polled the kids today and half wanted to do it on paper and half wanted to do it on the computer.  I'm going to check the scores over the next few weeks and make a decision going forward depending on the results.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Mindy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment